Moss Gold-Silver Mine
- 100% owned Moss Gold-Silver Mine in NW Arizona
- Achieved commercial production at September 1st, 2018
- Low cost, open pit mining (1.85 to 1) with heap leach processing
- Gold recoveries of 82% with silver recoveries of 65%
- 2017 PEA outlined a 10-year mine life, $133 NPV and a 63% IRR (before taxes)
- Crushing expected to exceed 2015 Feasibility Study of 5,000 tonnes per day (tpd)
- Production guidance over next two years:
- 36,000 to 40,000 oz AuEq (1) in Fiscal 2019 and
- 59,000 to 65,000 oz AuEq in Fiscal 2020 (1)
- Excellent exploration upside
Northern Vertex Mining Corp. is currently operating it’s 100% owned Moss Gold-Silver Mine in NW Arizona, USA, situated approximately a one hour and a half drive from Las Vegas, Nevada. The Company optioned the Moss Mine in 2011 and advanced the Project through pilot plant testing (2014), a Feasibility Study (2015), and a PEA (2017), which featured an extension to its life of mine prior to construction starting in December 2017. Subsequent to the construction and the commissioning process, Northern Vertex declared commercial production at the Gold-Silver Mine, effective September 1, 2018.
MINING & PROCESSING
The Moss Mine is an open pit gold-silver operation, with a favorable strip ratio of 1.85:1 waste to ore and minimal haul distances to the crushing plant. Metallurgical test-work to date, along with the completion of the pilot plant operations in 2014 and current production validates that the Moss orebody is amenable to gold and silver heap leach process with recoveries of 82% gold and 65% silver. The most economic and effective process heap leaching of crushed and agglomerated ore followed by processing at the Company’s on-site Merrill Crowe metal recovery plant and refinery to produce gold and silver doré bars. According to the Northern Vertex’s 2015 Feasibility Study, throughput at the Moss Mine was expected to be 5,000 tonnes per day (tpd). However, production is now expected to be significantly higher due to exceptional performance of the crushing plant and operational team which established a one-day throughput record of 13,000 tonnes during the commissioning phase.
Guidance for gold and silver production at the Moss Mine for the fiscal years 2019 and 2020 is expected to be significantly higher than previously stated in the Feasibility Study and is as follows:
Fiscal Year 2019(1)
Fiscal Year 2020
32,000 – 36,000
52,000 – 57,000
224,000 – 248,000
451,000 – 487,000
Gold Equivalent Ounces
36,000 – 40,000
59,000 – 65,000
(1) Company’s fiscal year end is June 30th. Fiscal 2019 includes ten months of production after commercial production.
(2) Gold equivalent ounces were calculated using a 60:1 silver to gold conversion ratio
Au Eq (oz)
Measured & Indicated
NI 43-101 Technical Report Feasibility Study , “Mohave County Arizona” Report by M3 Engineering, Effective date June 8, 2015 calculated the Mineral Resource Estimate within a pit constrained LG pit with maximum slope angles of 65◦. Metal prices of $1,250/oz and $20/oz were used for gold and silver respectively. Metallurgical recoveries of 82% for gold and 65% for silver were applied. • A 0.25 g/t gold cut-off was estimated based on a total process and G&A operating cost of $6.97/t of ore mined.
MOSS MINE TIMELINE